Using stains, washes, dry brushing, and airbrushes - Dave and Bob present their easy to learn techniques. You'll see how they weather rolling stock, motive power, structures and track. All the techniques are presented as easy steps so you can master the art of adding dirt, water streaks, rust, and more, to your models.
- Making and using dry pastel powders
- Mixing and using an alcohol wash
- Mixing and using an oil stain
- Dry brushing
- Snake oils
- Duplicating the prototype
- Airbrush weathering
- Weathering flextrack
- and much more!
||This tape contains a Quick Reference card listing the tools and materials used, mixing formulas, and suppliers. 60-minute DVD only $24.95 .
Using brushes, airbrush and spray cans - An introduction to painting all types of model structures. I demonstrate brush painting, airbrushing, and how to use a spray can.
- Mixing, thinning and caring for your paint
- Different types of brushes - how to use and care for them
- Brush painting wood, plaster and plastic models
- Simple weathering
- Using spray cans to paint structures
- Masking models for airbrushing
- All about airbrushing
- Caring for the airbrush
- Painting safety
- and much more!
||This tape contains a Quick Reference card listing the tools and materials used, paint mixing formulas, and addresses of suppliers. 60-minute DVD only $24.95
I show you the tools and techniques needed to build rocks on your model railroad. This video tape is chock-full of easy step-by-step methods for adding realistic rocks to your layout. I show you how to install the rock castings, color them, and then add details to blend them into the surrounding scenery. Topics covered are:
- Build a lightweight scenic support.
- Use Rigid Wrap to cover the scenic base.
- Cast rocks in rubber molds.
- Apply the rock castings.
- Use lightweight Gypsolite for scenic texture.
- Paint the rocks, a revised guide using his water-soluble methods.
- Detail around the rocks with foam putty.
||Each tape contains a Quick Reference card listing the tools and materials used, paint mixing formulas, and addresses of suppliers. 50 minutes - DVD only $19.95
Building trees, weeds, water, roads and more - This tape continues where Rocks and Basic Scenery leaves off. I show you how to:
- Make your own dirt and texture.
- Build tar and dirt roads.
- Make 4-types of trees.
- Select and install weeds.
- Add texture over texture for realistic ground cover.
- Create clusters of detail.
- Build water, the easy way.
- Ballast and then weather the track.
- How to add structures and then detail around them.
- Detail the finished scene.
||The Quick Reference card contains instructions and coloring-mixing formulas, a list of the tools and materials needed, plus the names and addresses of suppliers. 60 minute DVD only $22.95 .